It’s now more than 10 years that I am working in the company and yes, they made sure to keep me posted at my own fav place these few years. But now has come the time for change. Change of place, not company!
In these few years I learned many things. I know they are just few though many must have done lot more. Baby born on the year I got this job must be going to school. Primary school ones must have reached colleges. But yes, hopefully I never degraded much in these last few years as our politicians have done. 😉 Here are few that are coming to my mind just now as I sit at Kolkata Airport waiting for my flight.
- These few years of job I did earn a lot. But no I am still not a “Crorepati”. This year Kat was offered 2 crore for dancing during New Years Eve at some Mumbai suburbs. She refused. I am ready to work harder than her if offered the same. 😉 But then life is never fair. And that’s in a way good as then we know who or what to blame for anything that goes wrong. 😛
- In these few years I had the good fortune of having some awesome true friends at work, and even better fortune to have some atrocious colleagues who believed more in back stabbing. Well, the second ones, they taught me what not to do. In fact it wasn’t a lesson. It was a series of skillfully crafted tutorials rife with practical examples.
- These years also taught me one big lesson. Always keep your cell phone switched off after office hours else be prepared to be called online at unearthly hours by your boss and help out in doing their work. 😉
- Make sure to get some “me” time. Working and trying to be workaholic is fine. But making that a habit might not be a good idea. It took quite many years for this lesson to enter this dumb head of mine. And after that I made sure to keep weekends for myself, for spending time with everything around me, for reading books and for catching up with the elusive one sitting “Up Above”.
- Last but not the least, every promotion, increment or likes of the same in work always have a side effect just like lot many medicines. 😛 They make you feel good, but too many other issues gets attached to the same. Example, work load increase, responsibility, etc!
And this very final point is now working for me. Got a promotion in the company and now getting posted at one of the branches in Tel Aviv. A new journey, a new chapter in my life!! First time I’ll be living outside India for such a long period and frankly I am not getting a very good feeling. But have to, so taking it positively and stepping out with only one thought in mind – Someone said she would love to see this country through my eyes!!
So friends, hope to add more on this new country soon. Let me end here and post it before the airlines people give me the call. There’s a lump in my throat as I leave now, I am going to miss India like anything!!!!