Motherhood is tough!!!! Aryan is crossing all limits!!! These are the cries I heard today morning when I spoke to my friend/colleague Apra after Brushing, Flossing and Swishing the mouthwash (the death potion) in my teeth TWICE as ordered by the dentist.
After Aryan-Gatha got over (which mind you all lasted for full one hour) and I sat down with my cup of morning coffee and newspaper, I realised how the kids are getting trained in few Core Management Concepts at such a tiny age. Let me share them all with you, if only I could share the tummy ache I got during that hour long Aryan-Gatha.
1. Kids lock themselves in room. But this Aryan, he locked me in the room instead. And eventually let me out himself while getting kudos from his grandparents for knowing how to unlock the doors.
Management Lesson – Outwit your enemy, corner him when no one’s around and then free publicly. You’ll be hailed as the Corporate Hero!!!
2. Aryan is a glutton of mischief, unfortunately not food. When I try to feed him, he takes the matters in his own tiny hands. Whenever I try to feed him he would cunningly twist my hands to send it to MY mouth instead. Its me who ends up eating the most on his plate!!!!
Management lesson – Floor your aggressor using innocent tricks and make them eat their own humble pie. Deflect all attacks (read attempt to make you work). This is called as the Corporate Maneuvering.
3. You reprimand him and he’ll carry such a sad face around the house while walking just like a Devdas that finally you end up cajoling him with your own heart broken into thousand pieces.
Management Lesson – Let your boss have the first say with your smile and charm, but make sure to have your last say. Fake it. Gain sympathy.
4. Aryan hides things you know, and that too the most important one’s. And when you start looking for them, here he would also join in finding and finally “Locate” it for us while getting praised for his finding skills from all the family members.
Management Lesson – Well I heard the same just two days back from another friend. Little Jr as he was called, had hidden the TV remote among his toys. Well here’s one of the best tricks. Plant an issue in such a way that none can find it initially. Then you yourself find it and gain the credit. Here’s actually an Accounts Director Material for you, Finding Work Extensions for the company.
5. You can see how he is actually the darling of the house. But that does not make him to take steps to conquer others heart. When my father calls and he takes the call, he would act super cool and blase like, panicking my father. He gets the impression that maybe he is not giving his only grandchild the needed attention and so finally ends up asking me to hand over the phone to Aryan.
Management lesson – Well here’s a double bonus for you all. Two lessons he teaches with one act of his. Lesson one, Act cool and indifferent like you don’t give a damn. People would now want to be on your “Priority” list. But do make sure you don’t oversell. Downplay, at times less is more. Now for the second lesson. Even when business is good and you are getting good remunerations in your company never stop looking for new opportunities.
So these were the Core Management Lessons from our future Management Guru, Master Aryan. I am sure there would be too many kids who follow the same. So Mom’s, when you all see them taking such steps, don’t reprimand. They deserve your kudos. End of the day they are actually working towards their future!!!